OUR RESTORATION PROCESS

Restore Your Real Wood Flooring To Its Original Wonderful State

Wood Floor Sanding

 

We have completed hundreds of wood floor sanding projects over the years’ and we consider ourselves specialists in sanding and restoration. Before any renovation can be carried out the first thing to do would be to sand back your current wood flooring. This will remove any failing texture and smooth the current layer on top of the panels. Once the top layer has been sanded back, if required, we can then apply your coating of choice or you can enjoy your wood floor uncoated. Check out our article on oil vs lacquered. 

We use the latest technology within floor sanding using the most advanced machinery and equipment. Our machines are 95% dust free due to their powerful suction system that vacuums all of the excess dust into specialist dust collection bags. Once the sanding process is completed we will then use our specialist dust extractor to try and collect as much of the remaining 5% of dust as possible.

Gap Filling

Wood Floor Gap Filling: A procedure which must be applied to all wooden floors at some stage in their lifetime. The reason is down to the properties and nature of wood, most wood floors contract and move under different temperatures depending on the types of wood, species and how the floor was installed.  We use many methods for gap filling and the method we must use depends on a large range of factors including species of wood, how it was installed and where it has been installed. Our most popular type of gap filler solution is resin mixed with saw dust.

Resin Mixed With Saw Dust Gap Filling: One of the most efficent and ethical solutions to gap filling, we use a strong, clear resin and then mix this with the saw dust that was collected during the sanding process. Together these materials combine to create a thick putty that is the same colour as the floor, we then apply this with a specialist tool between the gaps within the boards. 

We always use this process are parquet flooring and on floors where the boards are within 5mm’s of eachother. This process is cost effective, colour matches your floor and uses recycled materials from the wood within your floor boards.

We have many other options for gap filling so please feel free to discuss the possiblities with us. We always use high-grade resin fillers and top of the range wood floor gap fillers. We can easily determine what filler is the best for your floor and species of wood. 

Staining

Stains are used to enhance and breed life into the wood within your floor. Stains work with the grains within the wood to ensure your floor is aesthetically thriving.

Staining and varnishing across two stages is more preferable than just using a coloured varnish. This process will ensure you have more control over the floors colour and provide a more durable, protective sealant upon the surface of the wood.

We offer a range of finishes including oil-based stains,  and odor free, water-based pigment stains, both available in a range of colours from traditional wood colours to contemporary stains.

All floors needs to be sanded before the staining process can be completed. Once the stains have be applied we can then apply a lacquere which locks in the stains – these can be applied in an oil or lacquered finish. (check out our article detailing oil and lacquered finishes.)

Repairs

Having worked on thousands of wood floors when renovating and installing we have built a wealth of experience in carrying out specialised repairs.

Damage is quite common on wood floors that have spent their lives under carpets or laminate flooring. Scratches, dents and cuts to the panels are just some of the common damages we repair. We can also repair any damage to wood flooring that is already exposed. Our team have all of skills require to carry out any required repairs.

We cover all of Kent and South London for our wood flooring repair services. If you have any issues you would like us to take a look at please contact us to discuss the issues in more details.

Wood Floor Sanding

 

We have completed hundreds of wood floor sanding projects over the years’ and we consider ourselves specialists in sanding and restoration. Before any renovation can be carried out the first thing to do would be to sand back your current wood flooring. This will remove any failing texture and smooth the current layer on top of the panels. Once the top layer has been sanded back, if required, we can then apply your coating of choice or you can enjoy your wood floor uncoated. Check out our article on oil vs lacquered. 

We use the latest technology within floor sanding using the most advanced machinery and equipment. Our machines are 95% dust free due to their powerful suction system that vacuums all of the excess dust into specialist dust collection bags. Once the sanding process is completed we will then use our specialist dust extractor to try and collect as much of the remaining 5% of dust as possible.

Gap Filling

Wood Floor Gap Filling: A procedure which must be applied to all wooden floors at some stage in their lifetime. The reason is down to the properties and nature of wood, most wood floors contract and move under different temperatures depending on the types of wood, species and how the floor was installed.  We use many methods for gap filling and the method we must use depends on a large range of factors including species of wood, how it was installed and where it has been installed. Our most popular type of gap filler solution is resin mixed with saw dust.

Resin Mixed With Saw Dust Gap Filling: One of the most efficent and ethical solutions to gap filling, we use a strong, clear resin and then mix this with the saw dust that was collected during the sanding process. Together these materials combine to create a thick putty that is the same colour as the floor, we then apply this with a specialist tool between the gaps within the boards.

We always use this process are parquet flooring and on floors where the boards are within 5mm’s of eachother. This process is cost effective, colour matches your floor and uses recycled materials from the wood within your floor boards.

We have many other options for gap filling so please feel free to discuss the possiblities with us. We always use high-grade resin fillers and top of the range wood floor gap fillers. We can easily determine what filler is the best for your floor and species of wood.

Wood Floor Staining

Stains are used to enhance and breed life into the wood within your floor. Stains work with the grains within the wood to ensure your floor is aesthetically thriving.

Staining and varnishing across two stages is more preferable than just using a coloured varnish. This process will ensure you have more control over the floors colour and provide a more durable, protective sealant upon the surface of the wood.

We offer a range of finishes including oil-based stains,  and odor free, water-based pigment stains, both available in a range of colours from traditional wood colours to contemporary stains.

All floors needs to be sanded before the staining process can be completed. Once the stains have be applied we can then apply a lacquere which locks in the stains – these can be applied in an oil or lacquered finish. (check out our article detailing oil and lacquered finishes.)

Repairs

Having worked on thousands of wood floors when renovating and installing we have built a wealth of experience in carrying out specialised repairs.

Damage is quite common on wood floors that have spent their lives under carpets or laminate flooring. Scratches, dents and cuts to the panels are just some of the common damages we repair. We can also repair any damage to wood flooring that is already exposed. Our team have all of skills require to carry out any required repairs.

We cover all of Kent and South London for our wood flooring repair services. If you have any issues you would like us to take a look at please contact us to discuss the issues in more details.

CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTATION

Tel: 0208 658 3443  /  Email: sales@kentwoodflooringcompany.co.uk

Area Coverage

We cover all of Kent, South London, East Sussex & Surrey. We are based closed to Sevenoaks, Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells.

Location

Unit 4 Pettings Court Farm,
New Ash Green, Sevenoaks
Kent, TN15 7LH

Contact

0208 658 3443

sales@kentwoodflooringcompany.co.uk